CPAC CODE QUALIFICATION EXAMINATIONS
Anyone may challenge a pipeline industry code qualification examination to demonstrate their knowledge and comprehension of the regulatory and code requirements for their position. Certification of an applicant’s code qualification is a critical component for companies in demonstrating competency for the roles and responsibilities they wish to assign. The qualifications issued under this program do not infer any level of training or experience and companies are reminded they have responsibility within their Competency Management Systems to determine and assess the training, experience and qualifications that may be required, in addition to a CPAC code certificate, for assigning or contracting positions, work or tasks.
NASA Corp. administers exams on behalf of the Canadian Pipeliner Accreditation Council (CPAC). As part of our training program the option to write exams is available with registration for your training course. Those individuals who have obtained alternate training, or who feel that their industry experience is sufficient may challenge the examinations.
If you require training the CPAC qualification exam can be written at the conclusion of your course. The examination fee includes the exam, issuance formal Certificate of Qualification and registration on the national database.
CPAC Challenge Exams Available
- The Examination cost is $300 + GST per exam. Assessment and national registration with the Accredited Pipeliner Index is included.
- Update, Level 1 and Level 2 Examinations are 1 hour in length.
- Level 3 and Level 4 Examinations are 2 ½ hours in length.
- Examination start time and locations will be confirmed 7 days prior.
- Applicants are requested to arrive 15 minutes prior for check-in and verification of identification.
- External reference materials are not permitted.
- Copies of allowable reference materials will be provided for use during the examination.
- Photo identification is required to be verified prior to writing.
- Successful writers will receive a CPAC “Certificate of Qualification”, a wallet ID card and their endorsement will be added to the national registry.
- Unsuccessful exam candidates will be provided training and/or study recommendations.